Firefox 3.5b4 has been released and is now available for download.
New features include:
- Private browsing mode for controlling private data
- Ability to provide Location Aware Browsing using web standards for geolocation
- Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Support for new web technologies such as: HTML5
I’ve just upgraded to 3.5b4 and all seems fine except for a few extensions failing to work with this new version. This guide shows you how to make old firefox extensions work again or if you’re a code guru just go ahead and edit the supported firefox version number in the .xpi file.
The last beta that Firefox released was 3.1 beta 3. This new 3.5b4 release made a huge jump in version number and is understanable due to the fact that firefox is pushing for a stable 3.5 version rumored to be released at the end of 2009.
Get firefox 3.5b4 here