Alexa is a search engine own by amazon. It might not be popular as a search engine, but it’s one of the industry standard of determining how much traffic a site is receiving. Simply put, it’s useful to list with them so they can start tracking your site’s traffic ranking, or maybe even help you get listed on search engine a little bit earlier.
DavidTan.org has just been submitted and here’s what was done:
1. goto http://alexa.com/data/details/contact_info?url=davitan.org (replace davidtan.org with your site’s domain name)
2. Fill in your site’s info
3. You have two options to get alexa verify that you’re the real owner of the site.
– by providing an email address that ends with your domain name (for example: [email protected]) OR
– by downloading a text file info.txt and uploading it onto your site root (ie. davidtan.org/). You will need a ftp client to do the uploading.
4. I selected the second option as i think it was faster. If you had chosen the first option, you might have to wait for an email sent by Alexa, and press a link to verify that you are really the owner of the site.