Do you want to know how to save battery power on your iPhone 3G? Here are 12 ways to achieve that and the rule of thumb is to turn off whatever that you don’t necessarily need.
How To Improve iPhone 3G Battery Life
1. Turn on 3G only when you need it. Having 3G turned OFF saved battery life. Use EDGE if you can help it even though I know it’s slower.
2. Turn off Location Services.
3. Turn off Auto-Brightness. Manually move the slider to 25% or 33% brightness.
4. Turn off WiFi until you need a hotspot. The iPhone’s WiFi will automatically try connecting to SSIDs it detects.
5. Turn off Push. Change your Fetch schedule to Manually.
6. Set Auto-Lock to 1 minute.
7. Turn off Bluetooth.
8. Limit GPS use unless you really need it.
9. Do a monthly battery calibration. According to the Apple website, you should be doing this periodically. Give your iPhone a full charge, then let the battery run out. Recharge.
10. Usually with lithium-ion batteries this is not necessary as they maintain no “memory effect”…but it’s worth a shot.
11. Only use the iPhone 3G connected to an outlet. Find a 100ft extension cable and attach it to your USB cable. Attach USB cable to iPhone 3G. It can get messy as this would mean the extension cable will follow you around the house, knocking furniture, pets, and children over.
12. Wait for a firmware update. When previous updates were made, such as jumping from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, the battery life was improved.
Leave a Reply