So, it seems that one of my favorite Firefox Addon, Adsense Notifier, which allows you to display your Adsense earnings on the firefox statusbar has stopped working correctly.
Although it still gathers how many impressions are served, the rest such as Clicks, CTR, CPM, Earnings and RPC are all showing 0. It has been going on for almost a week since I started noticing about this problem, and some people are saying that it has not been working for a month now.
I’m pretty sure CURL was used to login and scrapped the numbers from Google Adsense reports. There may had been some new features added into the Adsense’s report sections and CURL is currently failing to read the correct data. This is nothing new and there were several updates where the author updated the addon to accomodate the changes.
Let’s just hope the author will get it fixed soon.
Update: I’ve checked and found that adsense changed thier reports to AJAX scheme recently
Update The author has updated the addon on 6th Feb 2008 to 0.9.6. For some reasons, the update hasn’t been publish to firefox official addon pages and thus you won’t notice that there’s even an update even if you do a “find updates” in firefox addons tab. However, you can get it directly from the author’s site. Click here
It’s working again!
I haven’t been using adsense notifier extension for a long long time now and from what I’ve heard, it’s not working with the latest firefox version even though a commenter (read comments by Steve below) said he had made a fix to run it on Firefox 3.5. These days, I just use SysSense to get all my adsense stats and it has never failed in getting these info whenever I wanted them.