Perth was the first station where Coldplay performed their 2009 Australian tour. I had the chance to attend the first night in Burswood Dome on 2009-02-27 (Fri) and it was simply one of the best performance I’ve ever seen.
Here’s are just some personal experience from this concert.
1) I arrived early around 7pm and Coldplay was sort of warming up and performed Life in Technicolor. Then there was a band who performed and the lead singer voice wasn’t that great at all, and I went to hibernation mode (yeah, I slept) soon after listening to their first song! It wasn’t until 9pm-ish where we started seeing the real thing – Coldplay – playing.
2) Should have chosen to stand and bought the gold ticket. Instead, I bought seats and the bronze ticket. If I were to see a band performance/concert again, I’m gonna stand and JUMP!
3) The best song performed was definately Viva La Vida as the WHOLE crowd were standing and dancing with the rythm. No wonder it’s the song of the year. But I still wonder why its MTV looks like it was filmed in 1970s.
4) I love Fix you and Violet Hills, not to mention Coldplay classics such as Clocks and The Scientist, where Chris Martin shows just how good he can lay his long and skinny fingers on the piano.
5) Yellow was the first single which made Coldplay famous back in my high school years. Reminds me of the good times 🙂
6) Getting in and out of Burswood wasn’t too bad with a bit of traffic jam as expected.
Again, great concert, great drums+guitars+piano+vocal, great execution, great sounds system, great atmosphere and I’m happy for the AUSD$220 I paid for the experience.