Speed wise, I have not much to say but note that it’s blazingly fast. It’s definitely faster compared to Opera 10.1, but I’ve got no numbers to convince you as I’m not one of those hardcore browser testers who do benchmarks and processor timings. As I’ve said long time ago, the only thing that really comes close in terms of speed is Chrome. You got to really try Opera to see how fast it is.
Feature wise, I love:
– The new top left Opera button which replaces by default the whole row of File, View, Tools etc menubar to give you a little bit more space to view your content.
– Smart Find. Press CTRL+F to search for text in a webpage and the whole page will be darkened with only ALL matching search strings highlighted.
– Full Windows 7 Aero and jump lists support!
– Open secure tab and secure window
– Smoother and faster transition when opening a new tab.
– Inspect element. Finally, finally, finally! Great for web developers.
That’s all I can observe since I’ve started to use it yesterday but I’m sure there are more. If you noticed something cool, please leave a comment, thanks.
You can download Opera 10.5 here.