Sometimes you have data seperated in different excel workbooks and just want to compare what’s different between them. First, open up the two workbooks you want to compare side by side.
1. On the Window menu, click Compare Side by Side with.
2. On the Compare Side by Side toolbar, do any of the following
– If you want to scroll through the workbooks at the same time, click Synchronous Scrolling .
– If you want to reset the workbook windows to the positions they were in when you first started comparing workbooks, click Reset Window Position.
4. Click Close Side by Side to stop comparing workbooks.
Excel 2007 changes the menu due to the introduction of the ribbon bar but “compare side by side” functionality is still available.
1. Goto View Menu
2. Look for “View Side by Side” in the far right in the ribbon bar and click it.
3. Your workbookwill be placed side by side for viewing and comparison. Select “Synchronous Scrolling” if you want to scroll through the workbooks at the same time.
Dual Screen Method
If you have the luxury of owning 2 monitors, then you can move each workbork onto the left and right screen, but the obvious drawback would be not having the ability to do Synchronous Scrolling.