Received an email a few days back about what to expect from the October 2008 upgrade of adcenter desktop.
How to upgrade
Once you run Adcener Desktop, simply follow the on-screen instructions when you are prompted to upgrade to complete the installation process after October 27.
This new upgrade offers you several key benefits, including:
1. Visually-enhanced features such as the Dashboard, which displays performance data and trends
2. Customization of display and other default campaign values
3. Advanced search and filtering capabilities
4. Removal of the Save button, so that changes are automatically saved when you switch to a different tab
5. Ability to pause and resume keywords and text ads
6. Ability to submit ad groups as active when you upload them to adCenter online
I’m personally more interested in 3, 5 and 6. I even asked on Twitter whether someone knows anything about 6 but received no replies. 5 is such a MUST that it really bugs me to know that I will still have to run a hight conversion text ad with lower converting ones. Yeah, you can delete those low converting text ad, but then you’ll lose your data on those text ads and sometimes you would just want to pause (a) text ad(s) first and see if it really sucks that much before you decide to delete it.
Looking forward to testing some new stuffs here 🙂