The way I see doing affiliate marketing using any of the big 3 (google adwords, yahoo search marketing or microsft adcenter) is as simple as this – It’s all about learning, taking risk and managing it.
When a close friend told me to stop dreaming of earning fast cash through ppc marketing and be real, I failed to stand by the same side as he does. But yet, I do understand why some people say that. Every human have their own beliefs and how that is implemented in the human brain system is not the discussion of this topic.
First and most important of all. Yes, affiiliate (PPC) marketing can potentially earn you fast money, but it ain’t gonna be easy and I don’t think you can call it an easy job, at least not so in the beginning.
Take a look at some of the task to run a successful ppc campaign:
1. Market and Niche Research
2. Select products to promote based on market research
3. Keyword Research
4. Ad Group management and Keyword Bidding stategies
5. Building a useful website for the landing page
6. Measuring impressions, click through rates and conversions (this can be now easily done thanks to adwords editor and adcenter desktop (beta) but Yahoo is still an old dog yet to be tamed)
7. Reaccess and optimize ad text and keywords to increase CTR and conversions. Again, doing more research to hold the campaign at a sustainable state for the long term is equally essential.
What I’m trying to say here is, just like anything else, it takes time, practise, testing and managing your risks to be able to success in this game. I’ve heard people quiting their day jobs after only 3-6 months doing ppc marketing and wouldn’t it be great if that were you? Let’s just imagine what we can do with those free time.
As a whole, it won’t be easy unless you have learnt the basics and yes, sometimes it helps if you fall – it simply means things don’t work and there’s room for improvement. Giving up is never an option. And to my friend up there, I’m doing it at all cost!