Firefox users can set their user agent so that websites will think that they are surfing using a IPhone. This tips can be useful for viewing web content made only for IPhone or for testing your websites or web applications.
How you can do it
1. Open your Mozilla Firefox browser
2. In the URL bar, enter “about:config” (without quotes)
3. Right click anywhere on the page, go down to New and then select String
4. Enter the preference name as : general.useragent.override
5. You will next be prompted to enter a “string value“. Enter: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419 (United States)
6. Once you have hit OK, your firefox has just been turned into an iPhone mobile browser!
How To Turn It Back To Firefox Again?
To return to regular Firefox mode:
1. Go back into “about:config
2. scroll down to the “general.useragent.override”
3. Right click it and select Reset.
A Second Alternative Way
1. Download the Firefox addon User Agent Switcher.
2. Once you have that installed, go to Tools -> User Agent Switcher -> Options -> Options.
2. Click the User Agents button, then Add.
3. Fill out the fields as
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419 (United States)
If you’re a common user and shy with messing with “about:config“, you will find it better to use the addon, as the addon’s user interface is much more easy to understand and it’s easier to switch between firefox default user agent and IPhone’s.
Leave a Reply