Australia has been booming since 2003 and for those who still don’t know, Australia has an abundant resource of commodities such as Nickel, Iron, Uranium, Platinum, Coal and Gold. And it’s very unlikely that the trend of rising prices of house prices, shares and consumer goods ever gonna come down anytime soon. Politicians are making such a big fuss about the interest rate since it’s the national election is just in a month’s time, but I don’t think they can really control it.
I had already heard a couple of people working in mining sites and earning near to a quarter of million per annum. and some of them are even working as a couple, husband + wife, boyfriend + girlfriend, whatever. And guess what, they were not working on jobs that needs a lot of technical knowledge or skills. Instead they were working on jobs such as cleaning, cooking, washing dishes, and driving trucks. I’m not sure how true this is since lots of people have a big mouth and can’t keep their mouth shut. But it’s true that generally, mining and resource companies pay generously. Western Australia Mining Salaries Reference
* Apparently, data has shown that it doesn’t make much sense for a cleaner or truck driver to be able to earn more than a quater of million per annum.
If that was really true, what would you do? Join it or leave it? There’s a potential that you can work for a few years, pay off your mortgage, invest those money in real estate or shares, or just place it in the bank, or keep on working until you can say it’s time to stop.
Apart from the money, you would probaly be a person who:
– Have a positive approach to safety as you will be working in a mine site
– Have a positive, willing attitude, ready to ‘have a go’
– Are in good general physical and mental health
– Are willing to relocate or travel to remote sites
– Most important of all, ready to learn and gain more skills
Leave a Reply