There’s always 2 sides of a coin, right? It’s true that we are now in a recession, and gloomy headlines reporting how many jobs are cut and how many people are laid off doesn’t seem to help much. But are we only focusing too much on one side of the coin?
Good business will survive the recession and here’s why:
1. Competitors go out of business.
2. Companies increase their earnings per share through share repurchases or acquisitions at bargain prices.
3. Continued internal investment leads to increased market share and productivity gains
So what does those 3 reasons above have anything to do with you?
The way I think about it, it applies to individuals as in:
1. Human beings panic and take less risk in a recession. What risk can you afford to take in a recession so that you’ll be in a better position when the recovery comes?
2. Cash is king and if you have it, bargains are just around the corner.
3. Continuous investment in yourself and your network means more chances, better productivity and having fun while reaching your goals.
We know 2009 gotta be tough, but don’t stop improving the most important asset that you’ll have in your life – you.
Leave a Reply