The new iOS 4.0 supports multitasking, allowing for multiple applications to be run at the same time. This long awaited feature will be native to the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4 but will not be supported on the iPhone 3G. Users will be able to run applications in the background while using another app, receiving updates and notifications without having the application displayed.
Multitasking will also support fast switching, allowing users to see a list of applications already running in the background, and select which ones to launch. Users will be able to play music in the background while surfing the Internet.
– support wallpaper images
– use the same lock screen wallpaper behind their icons (supported in 3GS and 4 only, not supported on 3G)
– Unified mailboxes in Mail.app, allowing you to add your gmail, hotmail, exchange and any other accounts into a threaded inbox. Unified mailboxes also supports multiple exchange accounts and fast inbox switching.
– Only on iPhone 4, iMovie allows you to capture and output 720p at 30fps, plus adding splice, merge, transition, titles, themes and other photos for given effect and geolocation details to remember where and when you filmed your video. iMovie sells for $4.99 in the AppStore.
– Choice to set default search engine as either Google, Yahoo or Bing.
– A new pdf reader (not from Adobe!) allows you to browse, purchase and download books from iBookStore right from your iphone, ipod touch or ipad.
– Introduced a new platform iAd to allow developers to sell advertisements in their apps. iAds will launch on July 1st for all iOS 4 devices.
How To download iOS 4.0
Install iTunes 9.2 and connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your PC or Mac and click Update.
The iPhone Dev Team have released Redsn0w 0.93 for iOS 4.0 and Ultrasn0w for baseband 05.13.04 via Cydia.
Leave a Reply