NetBeans IDE 6.9.1 is a minor update to NetBeans IDE 6.9 and includes the following changes:
- Availability of the latest IDE bundled with JavaFX SDK 1.3.1
- Improvements to the JavaFX debugger
- Important usability issues fixed in the JavaFX Composer and Editor
- Critical bug fixes made to other modules since the 6.9 final release
The following updates to the 6.8 release included in version 6.9 also apply to 6.9.1:
- JavaFX Composer to simplify and visualize JavaFX development
- Support for Equinox and Felix OSGi frameworks in NetBeans Platform
- Spring Framework 3.0 library support
- Java CardTM 3 Connected
- Rails 3.0 Beta support
- PHP Zend Framework support
- Support for JSR-299, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI)
- Additional Enhancements are listed on the NetBeans IDE 6.9 New and Noteworthy page.
More info and details are available at NetBeans IDE 6.9.1 Release Notes.
I always wanted to know how to upgrade Netbeans in place. Currently, whenever a new version is released, we have to download and install a separate version even if we already have Netbeans installed.
As explained in the FAQ:
Q: Is it possible to upgrade from (for example) NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 to 6.8, or from a beta to a milestone to a final release, using the update center?
A: No, this is not possible. For a new release, you must download a new installer from the download page. http://netbeans.org/downloads/
If someone knows how to upgrade Netbeans +in place, please let me know, thanks.
Leave a Reply