It’s Rafal Nadal fourth straight time winning the French Open at Roland Garros beating who else but the King of Grass – Roger Federer, with a convincing win of 6-1, 6-3, 6-0. Rafal Nadal is undeniably, the King Of Clay.
Some interesting facts
1. Roger Federer had only 1 grand slam title when he was at Rafal Nadal’s age (22), and Rafal has now 4 grand slam titles from French Open alone.
2. It was probably one of the worst performance by Roger Federe as he won only 4 games.
3. The Spaniard had defeated Federer in the final the previous two years and in the semifinals the year before that, but Federer had managed to take a set each time. But this time, Federer wasn’t even anywhere close.
4. Roger Federer has won every grand slam tournament, all except one – French Open. He will need to wait till next year to try his chance again.
5. In four weeks time, these 2 rivals might meet again in the Wimbledon Finals.
Roger ain’t playing that well this season, and we all know that. And perhaps Novak Djokovic and Rafal Nadal know best as they both defeated Roger at the Australian Open 2008 and the Fench Open 2008 respectively.
Leave a Reply