The new Google Android 2.0 introduced quite a number of API and I personally find the Bluetooth API the most interesting. A video talks louder then words so just watch this.
Exciting New Features
Google Android 2 includes exciting new features such as:
– Email and contact syncing with multiple accounts, from multiple sources.
– Microsoft Exchange syncing support.
– A combined inbox for multiple email accounts
– Quick Connect, which lets you tap on a contact photo and choose to call, SMS or email someone
– Lots of camera improvements: flash, digital zoom, scenes, white balance, color effects, and macro mode.
– A better virtual keyboard with better word completion
– Three-point multitouch support (cool!)
– Browser improvements: visual thumbnail bookmarks, a tappable address bar, double-tap zooming, and HTML5
Bluetooth 2.1 with peer-to-peer connectivity and Phonebook Access Profile
– Support for different screen sizes
More info about the new release can be found here.
Some says that Android will be the closest thing that can kill the iPhone. But let’s just not forget that Android is just the Operating System. To fight with iPhone, they will need the hardware (the cell phone itself, remember) to be as good as the iPhone. Currently, I personally don’t think that Motorola’s and HTC’s offerings of cell phones running on Google Android are in par with Apple’s iPhone yet.
*It’s over a year since the first android powered phones made its first appearance.
But that might all change pretty fast, especially in the technology world.
Leave a Reply