Use Notepad++ to remove duplicate lines/records from any text files. You can even sort the results alphabetically. I’ve previously used Excel to do this (in fact, I think most people use Excel) but this can be easily done in Notepad++ as well.
1. Make sure that TextFX > TextFx Tools have the following 2 settings checked as shown below:
2. Select all (CTRL+A) your text where there are duplicate lines to be removed. Goto TextFX > TextFx Tools and choose either
– sort line case sensitive OR
– sort line case insensitive
3. This is just another useful feature of Notepad++. Also check out the following posts about other useful tips for Notepad++: