So you think the default windows 7 bootup animation ain’t pretty enough? Well, you can change it! Here’s how.
Caution: Backup bootres.dll first!
– First, Use ResHack with %windir%\system32\bootres.dll file
– Extract the RCData resource.
– So you have two files, one *.rc and another one *.bin
– Rename the file *.bin into *.wim (not win!!)
– Use 7zip to extract your *.wim file
– In the extracted files you have an xml file which describe the second file which is the boot logon bitmap animation!!!
– Now you can modify the logon animation! But make sure you know what you’re doing while editing the xml description file!
After modifications and saving the xml, follow the procedures above inversely, as in:
– zip the package into wim using 7zip
– rename *.wim to *.bin
– use reshack to rebuild the resources + save it to create your new bootres.dll