I’m getting lots of spam mails and spam comments lately selling me SEO services promising that I’ll rank at page 1 for my keywords, get more traffic and make more money. Although it’s true that ranking on page 1 in google will get more traffic to my sites, I didn’t like the way I was approached by these SEO marketers. Where did they get my email? Am I interested in the first place? Why should I trust them? Do they even know what I do and write about in this blog?
Here are just some examples of so called SEO proposals that I’ve been getting in my inbox and comments. Try to learn from them and see why they didn’t work on a target like myself.
Business Owner – davidtan.org
Were you aware that you are missing out on major online business opportunities because you don’t have a significant presence? According to a recent survey 90% of online business opportunities are created via Google and other major search engines such as Yahoo & Bing.
You will be curious to know that we have identified some major issues with your website, due to which you may be missing out on this business opportunity.
The following are some of the issues:
1) Your Page Rank is 2, which can be improved
2) Your Google Back links are 5, which can be improved
3) Your most important traffic driving keywords are not in top 100
We have also identified some of the positives about your website, they are:
1) Relevant content
2) Universally accepted color combination
3) Your product/Service has huge online business potential
The above are the result of our initial findings and if you are interested in using of SEO experts advice, we can give you a very detailed SEO report of your website (absolutely FREE). Also, let us know the best time to get in touch with you so that we can talk about how we (you and me) working together will have mutual benefits.
We also guarantee that in the first month of our working together you will see positive trends in conversions, so you can just reply to this email showing your consent of working with us and you would have already taken the first step to get more conversions!!
• You can also reply with “REMOVE” in the subject line so that we will permanently delete you from our database.
• This is not a bulk email campaign, we are sending to this email only to selected websites who are part of our online experiment.
• We found your website from online advertisements but did not click the Ad to visit.
I’m sure there are more in my spam filters and wordpress akismet blocked spam so I will add more when I get the chance to do so.
Really informative article. Looking forward to similar articles. I have learned a lot about the importance of SEO from your blog.